Here goes everything...

Saturday, January 4, 2014

So I never thought that I would be much of a blogger and I'm not patting myself on the back so fast either, we will see how well I keep up with it haha.  Things are rapidly changing in our family and I really want to make sure that I don't miss anything.  I've always heard new moms and dads say that things go by so fast so I want a place to keep all of these memories so that Spencer and I as well as our families can keep up with our ever changing lives and keep up to date on Baby Wayne- who is expected to arrive on July 3, 2014. So here goes...

We found out that we were expecting on October 30, 2012... and it has been crazy, nerve racking and thrilling every second since then.  I had a "hunch" that I might be pregnant when I was late... not super late but still.  I decided to stop and buy a pregnancy test on my way home from work that evening but the package said to take it in the morning.  So here I go that morning... I took the test and decided to jump into the shower while it did its thing, anticipation won the best of me and I peaked, well lo and behold it said PREGNANT- it took a minute to register, so I continued with my shower and decided that before I left for work I would take the second one.  Well it said pregnant as well!!  So on my way to work I decided to stop by the doctors office- I definitely wanted to make sure before I told Spencer- so they confirmed the pregnancy, took some blood work to find out how far along I was and sent me on my way (with my head spinning and a stupid, huge smile on my face).  I kept it a secret all day (hardest thing ever!) until I got home that afternoon.  Spencer had gotten off work, went to the gym and was killing wasps in the living room- I know weird right?  but we think a nest had built in the fireplace so when we turned it on they freaked out and swarmed (lazily) around the living room/ dining room.  So I'm dancing around the kitchen, "trying" to make dinner (which I burnt lol) and watching for him to come in.  I finally gave up on waiting and made him come into the kitchen where I had the 2 tests hidden under my jacket on the bar.  I told him I had something to show him, pulled the first test out and handed it to him... he looked at it, at me, back at it and I handed him the second one.  2 things happened almost at once- he got really excited, hugged me and told me congratulations <-- lol seriously Spence! and then the realization of what I had just told him sunk in.  He walked over to the table sat down and didn't say anything for like 10 minutes.  I of course was laughing and he was like "I think you should have told me while I was sitting down" haha!  Anyways I told him to go get in the shower before dinner (I swear he stayed in there for like 45 minutes) and then we would eat.  He of course was fine, and so excited!, when he came back to the kitchen... I just think he thought it would take awhile before it actually happened (which is my fault really since I told him I thought it would take around 3 months... oops). 

Anyways, at that point we decided that we wanted to wait to tell anyone until we had our first doctors appointment and were able to see the baby.  The OB-GYN scheduled our first appointment on December 2... I was so bummed because I thought for sure it would only be a week or 2 so that was the longest, most agonizing month of my life (I'm sure there will be more during this pregnancy since I'm so anxious, excited).  It was also so hard to not tell my parents... I can't tell you how many times I would just stare at my mom, willing her to ask me!!  So we kept it a secret- mostly, we spilled the beans to a few people each- for a month and 5 days. 

So on December 2 we traveled to Baptist Women's Center for our first appointment.  I could barely sleep that night, I was so excited!  We had out first ultrasound and here is Baby Wayne at 8w 6d, our little gummy bear:

We weren't able to hear the heart beat but it measured at 170 on her device.  We then saw the doctor, asked her a ton of questions and she burst my bubble when she told me I wasn't going to be able to sit around and eat ice cream all day lol- I thought that was a perk of being pregnant j/k!!  Anyways Spencer decided that  he couldn't wait any longer and wanted to tell our parents that night.  I had a hard time deciding how I wanted to tell my parents so at the last minute I decided to ask my mom to pick a picture off my camera of Sadie for our Christmas cards... she had no clue... here is the video Spence recorded of her:

And the picture of Sadie that she was looking at:

Can't you tell she's thrilled lol... taking her new job so seriously already!

So after we told my parents we then headed to Spencer's parents to tell them the news.  Spencer decided that since their anniversary was in a week that he would buy them a card and let them figure it out that way.  So he found a card that had the phrase "greatest kid" on it, scratched out greatest and wrote grandest..  It took his mom a minute but she finally figured it out:

So once the cat was out of the bag and we made sure that all of our close family and friends knew we then told anybody and everybody we came across lol!

Sorry this post was so long to start out with but I think this should pretty much have us caught up to here and now.  I've also been taking weekly belly shots with our new chalkboard and these amazing chalk markers (if you don't have these and you use chalk boards I HIGHLY recommend them!!) so I'll try to remember to post those as I update. Our next appointment is on January 6th and I am so ready to see our sweet baby again, weather permitting... if you're in TN you know everyone is freaking out because of the snow and single digit temps they say are headed our way!!

No comments :

Post a Comment